Final farewells
98 Guy
2010-05-13 12:48:22 UTC
...another key date is July 13, 2010 when finally we can
all say good bye to Internet Explorer 6.
Huh?
When all support ends for win-2k, that also means all updates and
support for IE6-SP1 will also end.

Not sure about IE6-SP2 (that can only be run on XP-SP1 or SP2 and higher
- not 2K).

Naturally we 98 users have been applying the IE6-SP1 updates and patches
to our system that have been made available for win-2k - haven't we?
MEB
2010-05-14 05:12:16 UTC
Post by 98 Guy
Naturally we 98 users have been applying the IE6-SP1 updates and patches
to our system that have been made available for win-2k - haven't we?
Why would "we"; these Win2K files:
haven't been designed for Win9X;
haven't been compiled for Win9X;
haven't been tested for vulnerabilities as might be found in Win9X IE6;
haven't been tested to see IF they address *any* vulnerabilities within
Win9X; and,
have not been tested for new vulnerabilities as might then be found
within Win9X after installation.
--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
___---
98 Guy
2010-05-14 12:59:19 UTC
Post by MEB
Post by 98 Guy
Naturally we 98 users have been applying the IE6-SP1 updates and
patches to our system that have been made available for win-2k -
haven't we?
Why would "we";
I know you wouldn't, because you don't actually run Windows 98, and
haven't for years.

You are a fraud in these newsgroups because of that.

You know nothing about current best practices and updates regarding
windows 98, because it is not your default OS, and hasn't been for some
time.

You have an axe to grind over IE6 and it's applicability to Windows 98.
One would think that because of that, that you would recommend win-98
users switch to Firefox 2.0.0.20 instead of continuing to run IE6. IE6
is 4 years out-of-date for win-98 users, but Firefox is only 1.5 years
out of date. But you refuse to speak to that point.