KB837009
Corday
2010-04-09 14:59:03 UTC
Windows ME, IE6Sp1, OE6. Windows update always says I need KB837009. Install
always shows successful. Registry confirms success with a value of (1).
Actual registry showing = HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active
Setup\Installed Components\{2cc9d512-6db6-4f1c-8979-9a41fae88de0}
@=Q837009
Is Installed= 01,00,00,00
Version= 6,0,2800,1409
Component ID=Q837009
This update does not show in Add/Delete Programs. Do I have it or not?
I mastered Wordstar graphics!
Alan Edwards
2010-04-09 21:31:46 UTC
It shows in my Add/Remove under "Outlook Express Q837009"
Did you look there?

Have a look through the detailed information but it seems to me you
have it.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-013.mspx

Mine shows as being installed April 13 2005
Has Windows Update being telling you this for 5 years?

...Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 07:59:03 -0700, in
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser, Corday
PA Bear, MS MVP
2010-04-10 02:24:47 UTC
Post by Corday
Windows ME, IE6Sp1, OE6. Windows update always says I need KB837009. Install
always shows successful. Registry confirms success with a value of (1).
Actual registry showing = HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active
Setup\Installed Components\{2cc9d512-6db6-4f1c-8979-9a41fae88de0}
@=Q837009
Is Installed= 01,00,00,00
Version= 6,0,2800,1409
Component ID=Q837009
This update does not show in Add/Delete Programs. Do I have it or not?
Is Directdb.dll v6.00.2800.1123 (or higher) installed?

Is Inetcomm.dll v6.00.2800.1409 installed?

[If you posted here using OE, we'd already know.]
--
OE-specific newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general

~PA Bear
Corday
2010-04-11 16:19:01 UTC
To Alan: As I stated, it is not in Add/Delete
To PA Bear: directdb is correct as you posted
inetcomm is 6.00.2800.1478
I mastered Wordstar graphics!
Corday
2010-04-19 23:30:33 UTC
Since no response, I'm sending via OE Newsgroups as requested.
PA Bear [MS MVP]
2010-04-20 06:36:46 UTC
Huh? [Well, at least we don't have to put up with your "I mastered Wordstar
graphics!" sig.]
Alan Edwards
2010-04-20 07:07:17 UTC
+1

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 02:36:46 -0400, in
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser, "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
98 Guy
2010-04-20 23:12:30 UTC
Post by PA Bear [MS MVP]
Huh? [Well, at least we don't have to put up with your "I mastered
Wordstar graphics!" sig.]
I think WordStar was the first piece of IBM-pc software that I
bootlegged.
Corday
2010-05-12 20:16:01 UTC
The thread gets longer, but my problem still exists. Live Update downloaded
the KB data again today and it installed as usual. Still shows "successful"
but doesn't appear in "Add/Delete".
--
Fortune favors the bold.